A private forum for some close friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warmth on the beach

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Warmth on the beach on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Eventine

Admin
It was a sunny, warm day in Baram town. A perfect day to spend on the beach... Especially for Pokemon who loved hot, soft sand. Yigo and his children had taken a happy midday picnic there, the beach dotted with their footprints and paths where they had rolled around or burrowed into the earth... It had been a truly wonderful lunchtime...

So much so, that it had tired Yigo out! The sandslash lay dozing on his back, his quills buried in the warm sand, the sun bathing his belly and face as he breathed softly, making cute snuffling sounds every now and then. His kids had long since gone home. Some poking and prodding had quickly revealed he had fallen asleep while watching them... The trio had simply giggled and headed home, leaving their father to get some much needed rest.

A certain little Skitty couldn't bear the thought of him being all alone, though! She hummed to herself while she trotted down the steps leading to the beach, happy and cheerful as the sun warmed her fur. Poor Yigo... It had been a couple of days since his accident, and he still seemed so tired. A lot had happened... It had really taken so much out of him.

And so... She smiled as she finally reached the beach and spotted him laying in the sand, not too far away. The little Skitty pranced forward, leaving cute little pawprints behind until finally she was right by his side. She sat down and smiled while gazing at him for a moment, watching his belly rise and fall... Yup! He was sure asleep...

She hummed warmly as she stepped a little bit closer, and put both of her little front paws up on his belly. Carefully and gently, she began kneading and massaging his belly, all of her experience from their time together as kids letting her know exactly his favorite way to have his belly rubbed. Clockwise, two pi radians per second, not too forcefully, but not too gently, either...

She sighed with happiness after a few moments, putting her cheek against his belly while she kept rubbing him with one paw. "G'morning, sleepyhead... Are you okay?" she hummed softly. "I heard you were asleep on the beach. I-I wanted to make sure everything was alright..."

http://hiddenpower-fun.forumotion.com

2 Re: Warmth on the beach on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:33 pm

PrimordialPrim

The sky was clear, the weather warm and the sea carried the body of a ground type, gently cradling it back and forth as it floated on its back. The ground type was not dead, of course, he was just floating pleasantly and getting some tan on his skin, some may say. There was not much to do in the day than that so he simply let the waves carry him inland where he could see the shore.

The sea was not completely calm, as someone diving and swimming right below him perturbed the water. In a moment, a blue figure with pointy fur and three hair on each side of its tiny mouth as a moustache surfaced near the ground type and rested his paws and elbows on the ground type's belly "Hey, Yigo! What are you doing just floating around?! The water is nice and clear, just like crystal made into a liquid. Come and let's hunt for treasures!"

"I don't know, Tempo. I feel a bit tired and sleepy somehow. Besides, the sun washing over us is as fine of a feeling as having your fur all wet and fuzzy" Yigo replied, giggling to the sight of his friend

"Daaaw! But I want to practise some new tricks tho... I know! I'll get you ashore and you'll check out my moves. Promise to me that you'll watch, ok?" To which Yigo simply nodded as the Dewott helped Yigo to the beach, using him as a floater. Keeping his promise, Yigo stood on the beach, observing his friend do jump after jump and shooting ice and water out of his mouth whenever he felt like it. He was so happy, as Tempo always is. HIs eyelids began to feel heavy as the sun started to set on the horizon until he felt finally asleep...

-----------------------------------------

Yigo's eyes started to open but not in a lazy fashion. He was feeling funny and warm in a way and, even in his drowsy state, was looking forward to knowing what was pleasing him. HIs ears twitched as he saw Darcy and tried to speak to confirm her identity yet he found that his voice was not still ready and just grunted and stretched arms in its place. It took Yigo a while to stretch as he licked his own lips, staring at Darcy do her work without uttering a single word for now. Instead, he brought his claws onto his chest and looked at her in a sweet way.

"You... you are not Savato.. hehe..." He was still a bit drowsy and not thinking about whether what he was saying made any sense or not. He just had to say something "I'm glad you are not Savato..." He licked his lips for a bit longer as he twitched his ears. Yigo was comfortable like that and his tail was making sure that anyone paying attention was aware of it "Kato must have brought you here, right? You can tell him that I'm..." Yigo brought his arms off of his chest and got them over his head. He tilted his head upwards until the back of his head was touching the sand below him and stretched in a very exaggerated fashion, almost rolling sideways as he did it "I'm fine. What can I do for you?"

3 Re: Warmth on the beach on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Eventine

Admin
"Yeah. Kato let me know you were down on the beach," Darcy said, resting her chin and paws on Yigo's belly while her tail wagged and wagged and wagged. She was purring, too, a gentle thrum making her body vibrate as she rested against her friend's tummy. "We didn't want the tide to be the one to wake you up! Water and shrews don't mix too well..."

She stayed there and purred while Yigo stretched out his body, slowly working the sleep out of his system. She smiled and gazed at him happily when he finally finished and asked what he could do for her. "W-well..." she said. "I-I was hoping I could get some time to play with you too. I-it's been a long time since we've gotten to have alone time. E-everything has been so busy since we came here. W-with your kids, and with Yooka."

Darcy stared at the Sandslash's belly with tiny smile, and a distant, wistful look in her eyes. Eventually, she shook her head, though, and her tiny paws began to move, gently helping her scramble up onto Yigo's tummy. She settled down on her belly like a sphinx, smiling and gently rubbing her nose against his while she gazed at him with warmth and affection. "D-do you wanna play with me on the beach for a while?" she asked. "W-we could cuddle... A-and make sand castles. A-and Melia said she would come down with lemonade for us sometime soon." Darcy stepped back a little bit, purring and rubbing her head beneath the Sandslash's chin, enjoying the warmth of his body, and all of the pleasant, nostalgic memories that his scent and presence brought to mind... "...I-I've missed you lately..." she said, her voice very quiet, her words gentle and sincere...

4 Re: Warmth on the beach on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 pm

PrimordialPrim

Darcy being that warm and with her fur being so soft it was impossible to register Darcy's climbing as anything but welcoming. One of Yigo's claws got to her head, trying to ruffle her fur and ears -causing some fur to get cut in the process- while the other rested on her back. "It's been a while, yes. As unfortunate as it is, however, we are far too unbalanced to play now with these new changes of mine. I will win at chase or hide and seek, my weight doubles yours for sure so wrestling now is... Out of the question and I can't for the love of my life win a battle against you. No one that I know actually can..."

Yigo could only scratch her fur as he thought. He was carrying no wands either and was not particularly fond of doing any exercise when he had awoken merely seconds ago. Darcy's mention of Melia was an interesting point and good enough to drive the conversation towards "Oh! Melia! I believe we haven't met each other yet" Yigo smiled sincerely with a bit of a roguish smirk "Here I was hoping that you'd get past your obsession for Faye and you are now married to someone that might as well be her son, hahaa!" Yigo paused to let the comment sink in before moderating his mood a little "Sorry. I've been busy getting used to this new life... But I wouldn't change a single detail. Let's make our time together count, ok? You can also come with the kids when you are off duty. For what I know, Mara admires you and your work"

5 Re: Warmth on the beach on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Eventine

Admin
Darcy purred with delight at the petting... She rested her head against Yigo's belly, shutting her eyes, enjoying Sol's warmth on her back and Yigo's warmth beneath her. It made her feel so happy. She wanted to stand up and sing and dance and dance in circles. The warmth in her belly felt so sweet and strong... She felt her fur start to puff up a little with happiness, her tail in particular... The air around her and her tail started to tingle with energy, all of the warmth in her heart spreading into the air, stronger and stronger...

"H-hm?" Darcy said as Yigo mentioned not being able to play their games anymore, her fur settling flat against her body once again, the energy in the air going away, a happy Skitty hyper beam narrowly avoided. It was at the cost of making Darcy frown sadly, though, dismayed and dispirited while she slumped over, her chin resting on Yigo's belly. "I-I... W-we can still play! I don't mind losing! W-we can still play, Yigo..."

She whimpered just a tiny bit, her tail swishing back and forth across Yigo's lower belly. She felt sad... But Yigo mentioning Melia was enough to put a tiny, shy smile back on her face. "I-I'll come play with your kids more... That sounds nice..." she said calmly, glancing off to the side. "A-and... A-and... F-F-Faye was the best! Y-you would've been obssessed too if you met her! W-we could have started a fanclub."

She looked down at Yigo's belly, her cheeks rosy. "I-I love Melia very much. S-she's like Faye in some ways, but she... S-she..." The Skitty scooted forward and hugged Yigo's neck with her little paws, her heart feeling so warm and fuzzy wanting to express some affection. "S-she loves me back and takes me seriously. S-she doesn't just tease me and make me do chores and stuff. S-she listens to me and loves me a-and I love her love her love her."

She sighed contentedly, cuddling and snuggling against Yigo, words failing her as she hugged him blissfully, sighing and smiling and blushing...

6 Re: Warmth on the beach on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:35 pm

PrimordialPrim

Yigo could see it right in front of him. Like a Voltorb with sparks jolting from its surface, Darcy was about to get as dangerous as a Golem with Explode. Yigo's body failed to react as his spikes stiffened right when he was about to jump on all fours but, that single action made it hard enough to do it in time.

Luckily, the Skitty managed to relax, which was great! A hyper beam to Yigo's face would've guaranteed a whole week of unconsciousness even though it wouldn't cause any long-term damage. At that point, Yigo was clearly worried and on the edge until she started talking about Faye.

Even though what she said was what she ALWAYS said about Faye, Yigo smiled and felt compelled to pet her head and poke her ears as a distraction. He even hopped her onto his chest or upper belly so her face could be right next to his! "Oh, Darcy. You know that Faye is... As awesome as you always claim her to be but..." Yigo licked her cheek a little... And then more... And then some more... And then below, on her neck. She had gotten into his mind again. Or did he allow it? "I'm already a member of your fan club"

He kept teasing her and giving her warm nuzzles, eventually hugging her close to his chest and essentially pinning her down against it as their noses poked and nuzzled together for added comfort while she hugged his neck. Yigo didn't even realize that Darcy was now talking about Melia! With each of her words, however, Yigo's actions started to slow down, his face now showing some worry or perhaps sorrow. "S-She does?" He asked, freeing her from his arms and sweeping her down his body, onto his lower belly.

Yigo had a hard headache at that point as if he had just received a message from a psychic type and it was just a very loud shout right into his brain. Was that what it felt when freeing oneself from the influence of Cute Charm? Either way, that made Yigo wary of something: he could not allow Cute Charm to affect him again.

The Sandslash's bright eyes examined Darcy very seriously before doing so himself. They weren't taking their place in their respective relationships seriously at all. What had just happened was unacceptable! What would Yooka think? We'll... She had seen them do worse... Much worse... But now she was the one Yigo wanted to spend his life next to. Moreover... Melia might find Darcy to be cheating on her and cause troubles for both of them. On the other hand, Darcy was far too emotional to handle that, Yigo thought. Darcy was slowly becoming an adult herself but she still was not there and she had a long way forward.

After a moment of thought, Yigo decided to just stand on all fours for once, dropping Darcy off of him, and get moving "I would love to meet her someday, Darcy. For now, I've remembered something we still can do" Yigo pointed with his nose at the beach bar next to them "Faye flower tea, as usual?" He asked with a bit of a smirk. At least they could now enjoy the sight of the beach and the conversation with a drink, a shot in Yigo's case... Or two...

7 Re: Warmth on the beach on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Eventine

Admin
Darcy sighed and purred as Yigo hugged and cuddled her.  It brought back fond, warm memories.  She giggled when he mentioned being in her fan club while she hugged Yigo in return, all of the cuddling and licking and soft words making her a happy little Skitty.

But suddenly, Yigo froze up!  Her mouth became a confused "o" while she met his gaze, wondering what was wrong!  She gazed up at Yigo while she was placed on the ground, wondering what was going on.  Had Yigo forgotten about an appointment?  Aww...  Maybe he would be busy today after all...

And so she tilted her head and smiled curiously once she was proven wrong.  Her curious smile quickly turned into a cheerful happy one, and her tail swished back and forth.  She almost started chasing it!  But she managed to catch herself at just the last moment.  She knew she wouldn't be able to follow Yigo if she went down that rabbit hole!  She'd be stuck in place for minutes!  "O-okay.  I would love that, Yigo," she said with a nod, sitting down and deliberately keeping all of her paws on the ground.  "I-it's not quite as good as Faye's.  B-but...  But tea does remind me of my family at the guild.  It makes me feel warm and happy."

She smiled and gazed up at him happily.  "L-let's go, alright?  I'll follow you, Yigo."

8 Re: Warmth on the beach on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Ravio

((I'm going to force a timeskip on you two to when you two found a seat... where is on you. Oh, and Eventine asked md to join... So... matter aswell make it a surprising one, HA! Also, I miiiight just interrupt Yigo if he tries to do something, a... certain something. Can't tell you what though. ALSO-ALSO, Yooka would understand if Yigo goes back to the Darcy days... stress does that even if the person involved doesn't feel stressed. As for Melia. She'll get just as Jealous or mad as the Singing Jigglypuff in the anime when everyone falls asleep to it's innocent singing. Yep, Yigo will probably have his face written on one of these days.)) Razz

"Two more customers came in. Your up, don't creep them out. Ask, grab, and do. Got it?" Said the head chef to his newest Bartender, despite it being small and there being one already out and serving. "Yes, boss..." Said that small and rather bland-toned Pokemon as it walked up to the two who just found their seats.

Without looking to see who the two were, the Pokemon asked in a super monotonous and bored voice, "Welcome, I am Arenn, but just call me Waiter. What shall I get you two today?"

9 Re: Warmth on the beach on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:52 pm

PrimordialPrim

(You're always welcomed, Ravio. Yigo will probably avoid the subject when he is with Yooka so, unless she faces him about it, he won't try to solve his... Tension regarding Darcy and her Cute Charm as he slowly cuts ties with her more and more... Melia doesn't have much to worry about as Yigo himself is up for replacing Darcy's Yigo time for Melia time)

In no time after Darcy had accepted Yigo's offer did they find themselves in front of a small round coffee table, the Sandslash sitting on his haunches after helping the Skitty onto a stool so she could actually reach the table. They were both waiting for a while as they saw a waiter come and go picking orders from all over the counter and collecting whatever empty glasses or dirty dishes customers might have left behind.

"Should I walk up to the bartender and catch his attention or...?" He asked Darcy after a few minutes had passed without them being noticed but as soon as he spoke his ears caught a familiar voice that might have answered his question. Looking down at the source of the voice he realised that their waiter was non other than Arenn, Darcy's son. Yigo and the cubone had not started their acquaintanceship the right way as his mind was torn between panicking and just leaving Arenn alone with Darcy or just ignore the fact that it was Arenn as it'd be less embarrassing to both. After a second of gazing at the other ground type with a disturbingly confused look, Yigo decided to go with the latter.

"Hello! My friend and I wish to have some tea. How much does the Meganium leaf tea cost? If it's too expensive we can go for the Ivysaur bulb or the Bayleaf bud ones. What do you think, Darcy?"

10 Re: Warmth on the beach on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Eventine

Admin
Darcy's ears perked up as they heard their waiter's voice. She turned to see who it was, and her eyes grew wide, her mouth hanging open. In no time at all she had jumped to her feet, wagging her tail faster and faster. She barely even noticed Yigo was talking while she put together the pieces in her head and realized what was going on.

"Arenn!" she said happily, her tail held high and a happy smile on her face. She jumped down from the seat Yigo had tried so hard to help her up onto and gave the Cubone a brief, affectionate little nuzzle--almost more like a head bump. She knew Arenn wasn't the cuddly sort. "A-are you working here now? I-I had no idea. I'm so happy for you, Arenn."

She hummed to herself and trotted in circles. "T-this is so close to home. We'll get to come visit you lots. A-are they treating you okay? Does Melly know you work here?" She finally got a handle on herself, sitting still and staring at Arenn with glittery eyes and a happy smile while she hugged her tail. "I-I'm very proud of you. I-I... I-I'm sorry I didn't know about this until just now. I-I feel very guilty."

Her ears flattened against her head a little while she gave Arenn a small, slightly sad smile. "I-I'm here to support you, okay? If you ever want to talk about work, o-or if anyone here is bothering you, you can let me know. I'll make sure everything is taken care of. I love you, Arenn."

11 Re: Warmth on the beach on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:52 am

Ravio

The voices of those he was serving felt familiar but he ignored them as he stared at his notepad and answered, or tried to, the question Yigo had asked. "In my opinion it's just a little above normal, around seven--hngh..!" Cut short by Darcy's super-excitement. This situation was almost on par with Melia, except it was worse as Melia grew used to it.

"nnhnnn..." He held his words as he wanted to say stop but Darcy was a wee bit sensitive about negativity. He acted as if it didn't happen as he continued to start at his notepad. "um... 'Ganium leaf; seven-sixteen pokéyen. I don't recommend Ivysaur bulbs... although, I'm surprised you would suggest it. Also the same price. As for Bayleaf bud... it's like coffee, but super effective. One stack more at eight-hundred." He then whispered, "It's pretty expensive here, but that's probably the market for these places now-a-days. Melia probably knows."

12 Re: Warmth on the beach on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:20 pm

PrimordialPrim

"Darcy!" Yigo saw how Darcy decided to simply get off her seat and start snuggling with the waiter. To be clear, Yigo's decision to ignore Arenn was not conscious. Yigo actually hadn't recognise him as a mind scheme to avoid panic so, when Darcy made ignoring the identity of Arenn unavoidable, Yigo's mind began to panic.

With a swift move, he took a hold of Darcy and pressed her against his chest before returning to Arenn "Y-You know what? I'm actually no fan of tea and I'm not carrying much poke on me so... Why don't you get us a couple of glasses of cold Lemonade?" Yigo hoped that the order would be enough to get Arenn out of their presence for a while as both Darcy and Yigo needed to sit down and relax for some time.

13 Re: Warmth on the beach on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Eventine

Admin
"H-huhh..?" Darcy said, feeling confused while Yigo scooped her up. She sagged a little bit within his arms, a disappointed smile on the deflated Skitty's face. "I-I... W-well... O-okay..."

She hung limp, her eyes fixed on the floor while she tried to keep her lips from trembling. "I-I'm sorry. I-I'll be quiet."

14 Re: Warmth on the beach on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 am

Ravio

((Über short!))

The Cubone shrugged to itself. The decision that Yigo made did perk Arenn's curiousity, but not enough for him to care. "As you wish." He said in response, writing the order down. "Is that all or is there anything else?"

He left after being told 'that was all.'

Last edited by Ravio on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [wisy] ¬¬)

15 Re: Warmth on the beach on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:56 pm

PrimordialPrim

"That was all, Arenn" Yigo said, his face now turned into a contrast between calm and shock. His eyes were almost blank and his mouth tried to avoid generating any expression yet it was obvious that Yigo was about to release his unnerveness whenever he had the chance.

His grip became shaky, almost huggy on Darcy until the Cubone decided to go get them what Yigo ordered. As soon as he got out of Yigo's sight, Darcy was released and in front of the Sandshrew. Her fur was a mess due to all the pressure and sagging which Yigo tried to remedy with a few careful strokes and pokes. The sight of a Skitty with a slightly startled fur made Yigo smile even though his heart was still nervous and about to spark an ember.

"Phew... That was... Quite a surprise" Yigo perked, looking away from the direction in which Arenn left and trying to stare at the beach from his seat "sometimes I wonder if... (He still hates me)" it was a thought that crossed his mind yet decided to change subject as soon as he realised that Darcy too needed a distraction "Your big boy must be a workaholic. He goes to school, babysits Kato, Enzo and Mara and he still has time to come here to earn some extra poke. Really impressive! It is obvious that he has the multitasking of Melia in him"

Last edited by PrimordialPrim on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

16 Re: Warmth on the beach on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Eventine

Admin
Darcy sighed as Yigo set her down on her chair, frowning and staring at her paws while the Sandslash patted her and smoothed out her fur. She looked sad. But she finally managed to wear a tiny smile as he talked about Arenn. She looked up, letting herself gaze at the ocean too.

"Yeah. Arenn's very responsible," Darcy said, plopping down on her haunches and hugging her tail with her forepaws. "He works so hard. I'm really proud of him. He's a good Pokemon."

She sighed and hugged her tail tighter. While she stared out at the ocean, tears started to well up in her eyes. "...S-sometimes I think he doesn't like me very much," she squeaked, her voice scarcely more than a whisper. "H-he s-seemed like he just pretended I wasn't here. I-I... A-am I... Am I embarrassing?"

Her gaze fell from the ocean down to the sandy beach. She clutched her tail tighter while she sniffed, her lips trembling, a pair of tears dripping from her eyes and staining her fur. "I-I'll tell him sorry tonight. I-I... I wonder if he liked living with Melia more before I was around."

17 Re: Warmth on the beach on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:28 am

Ravio

Two lemonades didn't take long to make. He went right up to his boss and told him, "Surprisingly, they only want Lemonade, each... and to be honest... It's my newer-father and his friend. I think they're surprised to see me here. The Sandslash rushed their order." Arenn looked right at his Boss's eyes while she was looking right at the two at the table. "Uh-huh. Those two, huh?"
"Yea..." Arenn said, looking aswell and now noticing Darcy was looking a little disappointed. "I think he doesn't like that I'm working at a bar. That, or it's just something about me. The Sandslash though... is different." Arenn said, almost laughing.

"Different? How?" No curiousity came from those Two simple questions. "He acts funny..? I don't know. He's also a bit scary but I don't think it's the way he acts but maybe the way he looks. Which... isn't nice." Arenn had to pause as words just couldn't come. Instead, his mind was full of emotions instead of explinations. The boss gave a soft slap on the back, "Your more feral than you think then, kid. Your instincts are telling you he's scary."
"Instincts? My what?" Arenn was genuinely confused by that term.
"Don't worry about it. Just go over there and hand them these...-" The two lemonade cups were handed to Arenn, but the Cubone had to take a moment to process what they were for a moment. "-but this time... talk to them while 'looking' at them. You do know what to do, yes?" Arenn tilted his head, but said, "yea." and started to head back over.

((Whether or not you want him to hear anything is on you two, as for the boss: Ludicolo. References, ftw.))

18 Re: Warmth on the beach on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 pm

PrimordialPrim

Why was Darcy so sad all of a sudden? It was strange that a parent would feel so bad about seeing their child succeed. Yigo directed his claws to his hip and stared at Darcy in a fatherly manner "Darcy! What's with all the sadness? What do you mean by 'living with Melia alone'? Don't you two come in the same pack? I don't see why having an extra mommy would be a bad thing either"

Yigo soon stared back at Arenn, talking to the manager of the beach bar. Was he in trouble? "Look, maybe he's not allowed to talk to you while around the clock. Can you see this place?" Yigo extended his hand to the front and had it wave as he spun in place, pointing at the whole establishment "It's busy and they probably need Arenn back. I'm sure that he just doesn't have the time and was unable to think an excuse fast enough for you to stay calm. Do you think that he wants to see you like this? Man up and get ready to enjoy that Lemonade that he's preparing just for you, his very special one: his mother"

19 Re: Warmth on the beach on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Eventine

Admin
Darcy hugged her tail tighter. Tears stayed in her eyes while the Sandslash spoke. But his words made her feel fuzzy. Maybe he was right. Maybe an extra mommy wasn't a bad thing. "I-I just hope I'll be a good mommy for him. I-I'm scared."

She burrowed her face in her tail and took long, deep breaths. Yigo's words made her calm down. She let her fluffy tail wipe away her tears. Arenn's mother... He really was making a lemonade for someone special to him, right? His mother.

"O-okay," she said, sniffing and rubbing her face against her tail. "A-a good mommy wouldn't cry. You're right. I-I'll try to do better." She finally pulled her face away from her tail, glancing up at Yigo with a tiny smile. Her eyes still glistened with tears, even after wiping the old ones away. And she didn't stop hugging her tail, either... But with a deep breath, she choked back any sobs, gazing out over the ocean while enjoying her Sandslash friend's company.

((I would be happy if Arenn overheard everything Darcy said in this post, I think.))

20 Re: Warmth on the beach on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:58 am

Ravio

Approaching the table was depressing. Darcy unwittingly admitted her own semi-fear, brilliantly. Arenn decided to keep that to himself and ignore it. He had to of been seen by Yigo as he aprroached from behind Darcy, but despite the element of surprise, he spoke up towards Darcy, "Being sad in a bar is a really bad idea. Shows your vulnerable, mentally. For a Skitty, though... ehhh..?" He kept that in the air as he slid the two drinks onto the table.

After though, he spoke to Yigo, "I'm curious as to what really made you come here of all places? I never figured you two would even... hh-uh... whatever. Not really my business. Melia, though, would probably get concerned if she saw either of you here." Arenn knew and ignored the fact he was here too, but he knew Melia would be fine as this wasn't the first time. The first time was with Sans' job as Arenn had to replace him while Sans was out watching Yooka way back. THAT was something. Broke Arenn's mind, unlike Mara's. Arenn found Mara interesting because of that.

21 Re: Warmth on the beach on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:38 am

PrimordialPrim

Yigo saw Arenn sneak in from behind right when Darcy was speaking her heart. That was bound to cause troubles yet Yigo simply nodded at was the Skitty was saying. "You're already doing great, Darcy. Just look at Kato"

Arenn finally decided to reveal himself and slide the drinks onto the table while the normal type still held her tail. Yigo took his words as a chance to get the drink and have a go at it. Bottoms up!

The taste was bittersweet but more on the sweet side which was... Less than fantastic for Yigo but it was a fifty-fifty chance as whether the drink would appeal to him or Darcy. Lucky Skitty. Soon, Yigo smashed the cup on the table as if it was a regular glass -but not with nearly enough force to damage the recipient- and proceeded to lick his lips to fully enjoy the aftertaste of the lemonade even though there was still some remaining.

When Arenn finally spoke to him, the Sandslash stopped enjoying his muzzle-cleaning effort and stared shocked at Arenn "Y-You... Think so? I mean, we're just having a lemonade together. What's there wrong about Darcy hanging out with her former b-" he looked over to Darcy and back to Arenn again before continuing "b-best frieeee-? I see where you are coming from"

Yigo quickly picked up the cup again and finished his lemonade in a rush before turning away from the couple "I'd better go talk to Melia as soon as I can to check if she's ok with this. I know where he works and Sans told me about the dangers of Nero... I'll ask Savato or Yooka to help me find Melia but... I still need to talk to her from 'mon to 'mon"

Yigo bowed his head in appreciation for the service given "I should get going now. Thank you very much and... Arenn... You should tell Darcy what you... Like? She just doesn't know how to make you happy"

Yigo turned around for that cliche anime thumbs up moment before saying 'see you!' with a smile and leaving the beach... Without paying his drink. It's not like he had intentionally left without paying. He just forgot as he rushed for the dojo.

(Mmm... Yigo is running after Melia to talk things out. Talking about talking stuff out... Darcy and Arenn have some stuff to talk about. Stop Yigo if you need him thete but he's been looking for an excuse to flee from Arenn for a while :b

I guess he'll solve that problem at some other point~)

Last edited by PrimordialPrim on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

22 Re: Warmth on the beach on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Ravio

((Before Eventine's turn))

An Accelgor dropped seemingly from no where. It stood between Yigo and the exit. All it did was raise an arm and stare with a rather blank expression as if expecting something to be given. This was it's one job, and Arenn facepalmed to himself. "Darcy..." Arenn started. "Are you paying or is Yigo?"

23 Re: Warmth on the beach on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Eventine

Admin
Darcy smiled warmly while she hugged her tail. Yigo was right. Kato was growing into a wonderful young Sandshrew. The Skitty sighed while she cuddled with her tail, shutting her eyes while she remembered their first meeting. How she had brought him home, and how she had vowed to keep him safe. Even if he preferred Yigo's fatherly warmth instead of living with her, she loved him dearly.

She squeaked with surprise as she heard a sudden voice. She dropped her tail and covered her mouth with one of her paws while she turned around, her cheeks glowing red, her mouth an embarrassed frown.

She listened quietly while Arenn and Yigo spoke, the puzzled little Skitty glancing between them and trying to make heads or tails of what they meant. She found herself holding her tail again. "I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't know Melly wouldn't want me here."

She stood to her feet as Yigo left. She opened her mouth as if to talk, to offer to come too, but then closed it again. She didn't want to leave Arenn yet. The confused little Skitty was about to say goodbye before Yigo was stopped by... A big, shiny looking Pokemon. He didn't say anything though. Darcy tilted her head, curious and bewildered. What was going on?

She turned her gaze to Arenn as he spoke... And her tiny, confused frown quickly turned into a smile as she covered her mouth with a paw and giggled. She hopped up onto the table, trotting to the center before smiling and waving at Yigo and the new Pokemon. "I'll pay for him, mister! I brought my purse today!"

She sat down and cupped her paws around her mouth like a megaphone while she shouted. "B-b-but tell Melly I said 'I love you', okay? And that she's doing a great job and that we appreciate her lots!"

She sighed happily while she returned her paws to the table, smiling at Yigo and hoping he would carry her message before she returned her attention to Arenn. She tugged open the little blue purse slung over her shoulder. She grabbed its bottom with her teeth, and without a second thought, turned the whole thing upside down and gave it a few shakes. A shower of small gold coins poured out and clattered onto the table, a couple thousand pokéyen or so.

...A good deal of cookie crumbs tumbled out of her purse too. But she payed them no mind as she swept the coins into a neat little pile using her tail, slowly walking to Arenn's side of the table, looking over her shoulder while carefully keeping all the coins in tow.

Finally, the coins within Arenn's reach, She sat down and gave the Cubone a tiny smile. "...I-I want you to keep the extra as a tip from me and Yigo, okay?" she murmured. "To celebrate your first day."

She looked away. "I-I..." she began. But she trailed off before saying anything. She hugged her tail again, staring down at the table and swaying back and forth. "I really am proud of you, Arenn. If you ever need a helping paw, o-or advice, or a hug, o-or even just someone to talk to, I'm here, alright?

"I-I love you," she said while she rocked back and forth, her eyes glistening in the afternoon sunlight like the waves lapping gently against the shore.

24 Re: Warmth on the beach on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Ravio

((and now my real turn)) tongue

Things could've gone better, but that's an overstatement. Things just couldn't have gone well regardless. Simply when Darcy got involved...

Sure, these places can have those drunk pokemon moments, but those are rare and far inbetween. Not only that but Darcy is just too out of place in public places where such impractical actions tend to happen. She just isn't aware that she can act in such ways, it's a little worrying, but not in a way that isn't ok. The moment she got on the table Arenn closed his eyes but looked up with those same closed eyes, and took a few steps back. Mara told him everything of Darcy's... happy-go-lucky attitude, but this was just a bit uncalled for. He didn't mind but the added attention probably isn't a good thing for his position.

The Skitty's uptoned voice drew in unwanted attention. Not only did the Accelgor tilt it's body to look around Yigo and over at Darcy, but a few random other pokemon aswell as Arenn's boss also looked over.

After a moment the Accelgor nodded towards Darcy, but mostly to no one imparticular. Then seemingly dissapeared into the air just a few feet above where it stood.

It was definitely an embarrassing moment. However, the good news was that no one seemed to care. The Accelgor heard Darcy and then watched in some obscured location but ultimately didn't do anything else. Arenn's boss seemingly allowed the Skitty to disrupt the atmosphere of the place as she smiled but shook her head in a similar way to Arenn's facepalm moment. And everyone else that did look over just went back to normal in moments. While those that didn't, still didn't.

With a sigh but also with slight confusion and acceptance Arenn said, "Thanks Darcy, but I've been here for quite some time. It's just weirdly coincidental you'd see me during a test. Which... I most likely failed now."

Another sigh, another line, "I've got to get back to work. See you at home, Darcy."

There was one thing that was suprising... How fast Yigo downed his lemonade. If he didn't know better, when Yigo put it down, did it shatter? It certainly sounded like it, but that could've been his claws on glass. At least it had to of cracked. Which could sport as a problem later. Not really but fifty to replace is still fifty.

((Might be me, but I haven't been to a place that uses hard plastic or similar types of cups. I've only seen glass. I HAVE however seen bars use plastic cups when serving milk, milk and water only. So I assumed that all cups would be glass. *Also, you put smashed instead of slammed. lol*))

25 Re: Warmth on the beach on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:46 pm

PrimordialPrim

The intrusion by the Accelgor was not nearly expected. Upon having his path cut in such speeds, Yigo gasped, hopped a few centimetres off the ground and turned into a ball of spikes to avoid a probable hit. Feeling as the hig didn't come, he tried to answer Arenn's question by uncurling and mumbling something to the effect of 'I've got this'

Oh, what a shock was Yigo found it few seconds later, after trying to find his satchel... Unsuccessfully. Yigo should actually be glad that Kato had the forethought of removing any valuables from Yigo and bringing them back home when he ended up unconscious. That was an A in far-seeing right there but, unfortunately, that brought some issues.

Yigo turned to Darcy, his mouth open and with the glow of his eye quite intensified. He was about to beg to her to pay for him but it looked like she was already on it. In exchange of delivering a message, Darcy would take care of the debt. "You can count on me, miss!" He answered back before finding his path free of speedy bugs and rolling out of the beachside bar.

(Whoops! My bad! I really meant to write 'slammed' instead of 'smashed' :b
Also, I've seen plastic cups used in a lot of places myself for more than milk. Some are even almost frozen so they get to act as a way to cool off any drink served inside)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum